maandag 1 oktober 2007

Fitting Centerboardcase part 1

To fit the centerboard case I first cut out the required slot in the main bulkhead. The bulkhead was pre-cut near the edges prior to fitting, so this was an easy job.
After that I cut the slot in the hull. It was more difficult than I thought to mark the outline of the case on the hull. I couldn't think of a good way to do it (and I was a bit in a hurry) and ended with a not very well cut out slot. It's a bit too wide. Nothing to worry about, I'll just need a bit more putty to fill the gaps. With the centerboardcase in place it already looks a lot better.
Detail of the backside of the centerboardcase. The cockpitfloor will be glued on top here, and the control lines wil go through that floor to two camcleats on the main bulkhead.

Geen opmerkingen: