When working with your face so close to the hull you keep on finding small spots & holes after every sanding/cleaning. I found it difficult to stop correcting but in the end decided enough was enough.
Then I put the first layer of paint on. I use 2-pack paint, roll it out and tip off with a brush. Before painting I use a tack-rag to wipe off the last dust and I mopped the floor to keep it a bit damp to trap as much dust as possible.
I used about 850 mg to cover the whole boat, much less than I thought I needed. Had to trow away a lot of mixed paint - downside of the two-pack. It has to stand for at least 30 minutes after mixing, so it's not possible to mix some extra in the middle of the paint job as you have to keep on painting wet in wet, else you''ll see an overlap in the paint job.
On the bottom there are still some sanding marks because I didn't sand it as thoroughly as the sides. The sides are not bad at all for an absolute beginner like me. Had a (very) few runs and a few visible brushing strokes and a few spots that show a very slight orange-peel-effect because I didn't sand down the rolled-on primer far enough.Below a picture to show the gloss after one coat. By the time I'm writing this the whole hull is dull again, because I decided to wet sand out the last imperfections with grid 400 before putting on the final coat. I didn't have much dust in the paint. When painting the rudder I had more problems with dust and rubbish, but in hindsight that rubbish was probably trapped in the brush I used on that paint job. This time I cleaned the brush just before painting.