The original braces under the trampoline rail on the float almost immediately broke after starting to use the boat. It's probably due to a fault by me building them, although I can't really imagine what I did wrong. Anyway, the rail worked without the braces but I got tired of the floppy feel while walking on the trampoline, so I put five sturdy braces (pvc foam wrapped in 600 gr glass) under the rail. It's not executed very well (had to work whith the boat folded on te trailer) but for now it's ok. Rail feels much more sturdy. Problem is the attachment of the rail on the float decks is loaded the wrong way because of the rigid braces - not only in sheer because of the trampoline pulling but also 'peel' - and they are developing some cracks round the tapes which hold them on te deck. I'm still planning to repaint/refair the floats to get rid of the damage caused on the first sail of the boat, and then I will make a better and permanent solution.