vrijdag 12 oktober 2007

(not so floppy) whale part 2

I was afraid the hull half would be a very difficult to handle floppy 'blob', but the opposite is true. Even though this half is only sheated on the inside, it's already very rigid, I guess mainly because the floor, settee and bunktop have been fixed.

"Free Willy"
Hanging by a thread from the ceiling....
Because of the height of the workshop in the back, I can't lift this hull half very high. Only about 20 cm above the frames. I put one frame on the strongback to see how much space there is. Well, not much as you can see.
I'll have to figure out how to position the built half and the strongback/frames the best way. First attempt will be to position the strongback and the hull-half a bit crosswise.
It will be really cramped, but at least I don't have to cut belly-holes in my frame like Henny did.....

1 opmerking:

Grant Kinsman zei

I am glad to hear that the half main hull is stiff. Good luck on these gymnastic like manipulations.

Cheers,
Grant